Fans of the macabre will have one less pilgrimage site as of 25 March, when the Musée Dupuytren, a museum of pathological anatomy in Paris founded in 1835, will shut its doors. Its one-room display is not for the faint of heart, with medical specimens that date back to the 17th century, wax models, foetuses in glass jars, bones and other items jam-packed into glass display cases. The small museum has moved several times within the former convent of the Cordeliers in Paris’s sixth arrondissement, which houses the Pierre and Marie Curie University and Paris Descartes University, and had its last major overhaul in 1967. It no longer meets with museum codes in France, one of the reasons for its closure given by the university. The collection of around 6,000 objects will be transferred to the main campus at the place Jussieu in Paris, and from September, will only be available by appointment to researchers and students—quel dommage.